Las Vegas State Tree Nursery
- Open to the public year round Monday – Thursday 9 am to 3 pm.
- Closed all state and federal holidays. We also close a few times a year for outside events. Please call ahead.
Qualifications for the purchase of plants
The program is not intended to provide landscaping materials for small home lots. The purpose of the program is to provide locally adapted, affordable trees and shrubs to conserve and enhance Nevada’s natural resources through conservation plantings such as:
Saturday April 11th and Saturday May 16th
2015 Plant List – current inventory as of 03/23/2015
Please call the nursery for species and size availability. View or print the list
1 Gallon $6.00
5 Gallon $14.00
15 Gallon $20.00
PAYMENT CAN BE MADE BY CASH, CHECK OR PURCHASE ORDER. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.
Help us conserve resources as well as hold prices down by returning your empty growing containers to the nursery or to the Las Vegas NDF Office at 4747 West Vegas Drive.
Directions: From Las Vegas, take Interstate 95 North to Durango Drive exit. Turn right on Durango Drive and after approximately 1 1/2 miles; turn right on Brent to the City of Las Vegas Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs. No park fee required when going to the nursery, which is located behind the park. Drive through the park and turn left at the “Forestry Nursery” sign. Location map and Street map.
Additional information and handouts can be found on our Resources to growing plants in Nevada page
Local Resources for plants in southern Nevada:
- Christmas Tree Recycling Locations in Las Vegas Recycling starts the day after Christmas and runs through mid-January. Trees must be cleaned of all non-organic objects.
- Mountain States Nursery Plant SheetsThis website provides many descriptions and photos of plants grown at the Las Vegas State Tree Nursery.
- Drip irrigation for the Mojave DesertA complete guide to designing, installing, scheduling , and maintaining a drip system. Developed by the Conservation District of Southern Nevada.
- Designing A Landscape Drip Irrigation System for Southern Nevada(2 Page Handout – Nevada Cooperative Extension)
- Trees for Tomorrow, a Southern Nevada Guide to Tree Selection and Care- A guide to help homeowners select and successfully establish trees. The trees listed in the guide are tolerant of heat, cold and wind, moderately fast growing, adapted local soil conditions, provide good shade, are water efficient, and low-maintenance.
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) Guide for Urban Trees in Southern Nevada, Cleaner Air, Tree by Tree. This Nevada Division of Forestry BMP guide was developed as part of the Nevada Shades of Green project to increase awareness about the value of community trees in improving air quality, and the quality of life. The guide contains BMPs for tree selection, establishment, maintenance, and protection.
- Additional information can be found on the Washoe State Tree Nursery, the Elko Nursery website, NDF’s Forest Health Program , and Urban Forestry websites.
Contact Las Vegas State Tree Nursery Click here for brochure
9600 Tule Springs Road Las Vegas, NV 89131Phone: (702) 486-5411 Fax: (702) 486-5449