Forest Legacy Program
The Forest Legacy Program (FLP) is designed to encourage the protection of privately owned forest lands. FLP is an entirely voluntary program. To maximize the public benefits of working forests, the program focuses on:
- Acquisition of partial interests in privately owned forest lands.
- Development of forest stewardship plans for landowners.
- Encouragement and support of acquisition of conservation easements, which are legally binding agreements transferring a negotiated set of property rights from one party to another, without removing the property from private ownership.
- FLP conservation easements restrict development, require sustainable forestry practices, and protect other resource values.
- Minimum project requirements: 5 acres with 75% forest cover.
Forest Legacy Program Coordinator
2478 Fairview Drive
Carson City, Nevada 89701
Please watch this video celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Legacy Program for additional information.
The Nevada Forest Legacy Program is funded through grants from the US Forest Service. NDF is an equal opportunity service provider.